It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to add an Action to the actions Column of a Plan?

aastha khatri (22621) | asked Mar 29 '15, 12:19 p.m.
converted to question Mar 30 '15, 2:26 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
Recently I have got a requirement to add a action in the actions column of plan itemmed page as mentioned in the question above.
I came across RTC provided class IterationPlanEditorActionBarContributor where they define something call RetargetActions (corresponds to the actions in action column). But I couldn't find a way out.
Is it confirmed that the actions column cannot be extended? As I need to confirm my team members about this feature.

Thanks  & Regards,
Aastha

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 30 '15, 2:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know. I have not looked into it.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered Mar 30 '15, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You cannot add actions to a row of a plan or query. IterationPlanEditorActionBarContributor is in the IDE the this contributes actions to Eclipse to support the plan editor.

You can simulate an action column using a plan attribute with validation (or other) script)...
... creating a work item Enumeration called ActionEnum with the values being the actions
... Create a "Validator" Script Based Validation on MyAction where you implement your action
... Create Work Item attribute MyAction which is an ActionEnum and set the Validation script.
... Map MyAction as a plan attribute 
... Add a column with My Action.

Now the plan shows a column MyAction with a drop down of your values. When the value changes the script is run. You may need to set the value back to the original value to reset the action drop down in the column.

There is an extension point to add actions to the web work item editor but users would need to open the editor on the item... https://jazz.net/library/article/782

Lawrence Smith [IBM]
aastha khatri selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
aastha khatri commented Apr 06 '15, 3:51 a.m.

Hi Lawrence,
Thank you so much for your valuable input.

Thanks & Regards,
Aastha

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.