It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use lscm changeset locate?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Jul 07 '14, 8:11 p.m.
edited Aug 05 '16, 3:38 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I think I know what lscm changeset locate is supposed to do -- i.e., locate changesets, but I'll be darned if a simple case doesn't work.  I am trying to use the -W option to search for changesets by workitem in the "stream to search" stream.  This is what I get:

c:\localpath\pep>lscm changeset locate -r local -W -w "stream to search" 5975
Argument syntax error:
Missing arguments to subcommand "changeset locate" - selectors. Try 'lscm help changeset locate' for more information.

5975 is my selector but it won't recognize it.  Am I doing something wrong?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 07 '14, 11:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is getting confused with the value provided to the options although the error message could have been better. Could you try the following: scm changeset locate -r local -W 5975 -"stream to search" or scm changeset locate -local -"stream to search" -5975
Andy Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Jul 08 '14, 11:08 a.m.

Great, thanks!  The first one worked (not the second):

scm changeset locate -v -r local -W 5975 -w "stream name" 

This has probably changed in newer versions but I'd point out that the option instructions are wrong since it shows that -W is a flag option and that the selectors are arguments to the command not to the option.  

But I'm happy: it's working!  Thanks, Shashikant!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.