It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error when running locate change set in 4.0.5 client.

mohan kumar (78930) | asked Jun 08 '14, 4:01 a.m.
edited Aug 02 '16, 6:25 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

I am trying to locate change set in stream in RTC 4.0.5 client, but  i am ending up with below error message.

"ScmWorkItem: Deserialization failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Element ':item' contains data from a type that maps to the name 'com.ibm.team.scm.rich.rest.dto:ScmChangeSetLocationsEntry3'. The deserializer has no knowledge of any type that maps to this name. Consider using a DataContractResolver or add the type corresponding to 'ScmChangeSetLocationsEntry3' to the list of known types - for example, by using the KnownTypeAttribute attribute or by adding it to the list of known types passed to DataContractSerializer."

Regards,
Mohan.

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Jun 08 '14, 4:05 a.m.

Hi Mohan,

Can you provide me the RTC server details ?

How are you trying to locate the change set ?

Regards,
Arun.

mohan kumar commented Jun 08 '14, 4:12 a.m.

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your response  RTC server is RTC 4.0.6 and using command line i am trying to locate the change set

Regards,
Mohan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13577) | answered Jun 08 '14, 4:22 a.m.
edited Aug 02 '16, 6:25 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi Mohan,

Use the RTC Client 4.0.6 and find the command below which is the known issue in RTC 4.0.5 client and RTC 4.0.6 Server.

Locate change set command

Below is the Defect details (Note: The defect was fixed in RTC 5.0).

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=308285

Regards,
Arun

mohan kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.