It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC4.0 Enterprise Extension dependency build: What is the "dependency type?"

fumika iwashita (111) | asked Apr 24 '14, 6:07 p.m.
am setting up a dependency build environment for IBM i with RTC4.0.6 and would like to ask for help. 

When creating a language definition, the manual said to add "dependency types" in the "scanner" tab but I don't know what these are and I don't know how this relates to other settings. I searched for more detailed descriptions of "dependency types" but did not find any in the manual nor on jazz.net. 

So could anyone kindly tell me about "dependency types?" Do I have to create my own "dependency type/s?" If so, can you also please help me how make one? Or are they already provided with the RTC4.0?

One answer

permanent link
alfonso rodriguez (121) | answered Apr 25 '14, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

There is no need to create your own dependency types, each supplied scanner comes configured with its own set of supported dependency types.  

When a scanner is first associated to a Language Definition all of its supported dependency types are automatically added to the (editable) dependency type table.  As illustrated here:

Comments
fumika iwashita commented May 09 '14, 7:16 a.m.

Thank you for your answer! It's very helpful!

I now understand how dependency types are added.
I hope I can find the information in the next version of the online manual. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.