It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using wildcards in search for tags in report?

Timothy McMackin (153106) | asked Feb 05 '09, 4:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm building a BIRT report to retrieve the work items that have a particular tag. It seems that when I use the tag as a parameter, I get the work items that have only that tag and no other tags. Is there a way to search with wildcards or otherwise use an IN condition so I can retrieve all of the work items that have that particular tag, regardless of their other tags?

For example, suppose I have these three work items:

Item 1 tagged with "tag_alpha"
Item 2 tagged with "tag_beta"
Item 3 tagged with "tag_alpha" and "tag_beta"

When I create a data set for work items, I set the TAGS parameter to "tag_alpha". However, this retrieves only item #1, and I would like to retrieve items 1 and 3. I have tried "*tag_alpha*" with asterisks as wild cards, but that doesn't retrieve any work items.

I'm using RTC 1.0.1.1M1.

Thank you,

Tim McMackin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 05 '09, 7:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Which table are you using. My guess is this is the live table. This looks like a bug. Can you please file a work item and will fix it for the 2.0 release.
Timothy McMackin selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Timothy McMackin (153106) | answered Feb 06 '09, 9:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Correct, I am using the live_workitem_cnt table.

I created work item 70480 for this (but I could not assign it to the 2.0 release).

As a workaround, I can set up a filter in the BIRT date source for a "match" condition based on the value of the tag. However, this means retrieving all of the work items and then filtering them by tag -- I think this would cause a serious performance hit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.