It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WorkItem details from Changeset ID

Reji GL (1136) | asked Sep 17 '13, 3:52 p.m.
edited Sep 17 '13, 3:55 p.m.
The task I am trying to achieve is to fetch the WorkItem Info, given the Changeset ID. I have the ChangesetID (for e.g. a value like _GnlR8RwDEeO-t7oYqwMn0H ). With this value I need to query the WorkItem information using Plain Java APIs. 

Please provide your thoughts in achieving this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123660) | answered Sep 18 '13, 4:00 a.m.
If the change-set has a work-item associated, you can retrieve the work-item information using the ILinkServiceLibrary.class service:
ILinkService linkService = getService(ILinkService.class);
ILinkServiceLibrary linkServiceLibrary = (ILinkServiceLibrary) linkService.getServiceLibrary(ILinkServiceLibrary.class); ILinkCollection csLinks = linkServiceLibrary.findLinks(ILinkConstants.CHANGESET_WORKITEM_LINKTYPE_ID, reference).getAllLinksFromHereOn(); // ...
If you know the UUID of the change-set, you can create the reference to it as:
UUID uuid = UUID.valueOf("_GnlR8RwDEeO-t7oYqwMn0H");
IChangeSetHandle csH = (IChangeSetHandle)IChangeSet.ITEM_TYPE.createItemHandle(uuid, null);
IReference reference = IReferenceFactory.INSTANCE.createReferenceToItem(csH);
Cheers.
Reji GL selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Reji GL commented Sep 18 '13, 11:28 a.m.

Thanks for responding.

The provided solution is apt while using server side api. But I am using the client side APIs.

SEC Servizi commented Sep 19 '13, 5:14 a.m.

On client side we use ILinkManager.class, instead of ILinkServiceLibrary.class, but the behaviour is quite the same.

Reji GL commented Sep 23 '13, 5:31 p.m.

Yeah.. I go it working.. Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.