It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 4.0.2: server rename --> OK/safe to do on the same server from IP to hostname?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked May 21 '13, 3:27 p.m.
edited Mar 01 '14, 10:35 a.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)

Hello,

For some special reason, the IP address was used for the Public URI of the CLM applications. Now I need to use hostname instead of the IP address for the Public URI on the same servers.

May I use the server rename feature to do so (like installing another copy of CLM on the same server and do the server rename from IP address to Hostname)?

Thanks and regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 21 '13, 4:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Frank,

Yes, you can do a server rename to change the public URI from an IP to a host name.  But you shouldn't have to install another copy of CLM to do it.  Just back up per the normal process and execute the server rename on the existing 4.0.1 (or higher) server.  See this topic for info on server rename.  Hope it helps,
Frank Ning selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Frank Ning commented May 21 '13, 4:29 p.m.

Thanks, Benjamin. That is nice. 

One other answer

permanent link
marina delunas (711316) | answered Feb 27 '14, 4:42 p.m.
Hi frank!
I have to do the same ... rename a CLM server from IP URI to an hostname. Do you have succesfully done the renaming? I'have a problem, when I run the ./repotools-jts.sh -generateURLMappings  It shown an error and the mapping file is no generated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.