July 11, 2014
IBM Rational Requirements Composer
Definition · Management · Analysis
What's new in Rational Requirements Composer
4.0.7 (July 2014)
4.0.6 (February 2014)
- Faster artifact creation, more artifact information on pages and in menus, and locking improvements so that you unlock only the artifacts that you locked
- Demo: When you create an artifact type that is based on the Module format, you can specify the types of artifacts to use in that module in the new Preferred Module Content field. Then, when other team members add artifacts to modules, the preferred artifact types are presented by default.
4.0.5 (December 2013)
New drag and drop capabilities make Rational Requirements Composer easier to use.
- Move and reposition information within a module
- Link between different requirements within a module and across the project
- For high-volume link creation, display two modules side-by-side in different windows and drag and drop linking between them
- Copy and link operations to aid the analyst drawing high-level requirements into lower level specifications
- Fast loading and scrolling for large modules reduces the wait time to see additional pages of information.
- When using a tool for an extended period of time, keyboard accelerator keys increase user productivity. This release reviews and extends all accelerator keys to streamline analyst productivity.
- Printing improvements allow an organization to use custom templates for both Document Generation, and now quick printing from within a module.
You can get more information in the Jazz.net wiki (login required).
4.0.4 (September 2013)
Patch Service is a new feature for JazzAdmin users. You use the service to manage and deploy code patches and fixes from the development team to the server by using the /rmadmin page.
Demo: How to use the Patch Service.
Increase productivity with new widgets, including the Requirements Tracing widget for displaying all requirements that have related work items in Rational Team Concert and test cases in Rational Quality Manager.
4.0.3 (June 2013)
- Simplified Artifact Locking and artifact management - Lock a requirement artifact while you are making changes, or apply a permanent lock to restrict access
- Improved HPQC Sync integration provided with the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adaptor
- 15% performance acceleration in both server and client
- Focus on quality and continuous delivery
System requirements >
4.0.1 (Nov 2012)
- Analysts can organize requirements into ordered lists and hierarchy groups.
- Modules have a familiar structure much like the outline of a document.
- Team members will better understand the format and organization for requirements.
Demo: Brief overview of the Module feature to help you see how to add existing requirement artifacts into a module, author new artifacts, and more.
- Use the requirements definition and management capability from RRC to manage project requirements being tested using HP Quality Center.
- Preview tests directly in Rational Requirements Composer against testable requirements.
- Testers in HP Quality Center will be able to use requirements for testing and reporting.
- Analysts can compare versioned collection against another version for a change report.
- Discover differences in project information quicker by knowing what has changed.
Real-time attribute traceability reports
- Create real-time attribute traceability reports to show the detail for linked requirements.
- Attribute values are displayed in traceability views and reports.
- Stop replicating information or needlessly navigating information when you can have one view that shows you all traceability in a single place.
- Note: When creating links the project member is now the recommended preferred link.
Demo: Watch how you can now compare requirements that have been grouped by collections to see changes over time. Also, see how live traceability reports are now more detailed to show you specifically what is happening within your project from any traceable link.
- Control who can change information to your requirements while you are working.
- Lock a requirement artifact or multiple artifacts while you are making changes.
- Apply permanent locks to restrict changes to uploaded content.
Demo: See the artifact locking capability for requirements -- watch how to lock an artifact to prevent other users from editing or deleting it.
- Export requirements to and from projects using an XML standard format -- Requirements Interchange Format (ReqIF).
- Establish new projects based on existing requirements.
- Easily collaborate with partners and collaborators using ReqIF exports.
- Work with requirements offline, and then re-sync to your project.
Demo: Watch how to import a module as a ReqIF file into your requirements project, manage properties to view related reports and track data as you exchange it with partners.
Want to find out more?
History of what's new in Rational Requirements Composer
4.0 (June 2012)
- Graphical links explorer for visualizing traceability links
- New write-access control features and functionality
- Enhanced dashboards and widgets
- New support for the Requirements Interchange Format (ReqIF)
- Now identify and create individual artifacts
- Download and upload project templates
- Multiple usability and accessibility enhancements
- Clustering for high availability
- Server renaming so that you can change the public URLs of servers
3.0.1 (June 2011)
- Complete Web-based Requirements Solution
- Enhanced Seamless CLM Development Experience
- Web Enabled Visual Definition Editing
18.104.22.168 (June 2010)
- Enhancements for both Eclipse and Web clients
- Added support for FIPS, OSLC RM 1.0, and DB2 9.7
- Performance improvements to the client and server
22.214.171.124 (January 2010)
- Software Integrations
- Rational RequisitePro
- Rational Software Architect
- Performance and Scalability Test
2.0 (November 2009)
- Collaborative ALM integrations
- New Web client
- Review and Approval Capability
- More ...
126.96.36.199 (May 2009)
- Home Page and Project dashboard improvements
- Business process diagrams improvements
- More ...