February 28, 2014
Collaborative Lifecycle Management
Design, test, analyze, develop, deliver ... integrated by design
Adopting and Scaling Agility
Agile has gone mainstream. Are you including Agile practices in your projects? Whether you are a small co-located team of developers or a large global enterprise, applying agile practices can improve your software delivery process.
Learn about Agility@Scale with the Money that Matters Lifecycle Scenario
The Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management includes a tutorial to help you understand key Application Lifecycle Management concepts in the context of a scaled Agile project.
The Money that Matters lifecycle scenario demonstrates how to align plans to ensure that teams share common project goals, with complete alignment across requirements, development, and test plans. This tutorial explores a sample application after the release plan is completed. The sample application starts with an existing lifecycle project and linked plans, where the team is ready to start their second sprint.
Important themes covered in the tutorial:
- alignment of release plans, test plans, and requirements collections
- linking artifacts in any direction by any user, assessing completeness of each plan item
- shared change management for managing tasks
- automated traceability links when submitting new defects
- using lifecycle queries and mashup dashboards to determine when you are done, done, done
Rational Team Concert, the best ranked solution for Agile development
IBM Rational has the best current offering according to The Forrester Wave™: Agile Development Management Tools, Q2 2010 (May 2010). IBM, focusing on collaborative development, adds strong project management and analytics. Based on the Eclipse and Jazz platforms, IBM Rational continues to raise the bar on building a complete development and delivery platform.
best ranked solution for Boosting Team Collaboration during software projects by Yphise independent research. Yphise has assessed 150 software products each year since 1985 with an ISO 9001-certified assessment process that guarantees independence and focuses on key issues for large companies. Large companies use Yphise to make thousands of investment decisions.
Learn more about Scrum support in Rational Team Concert:
How would you rate your agile fitness?
Want to know how the Rational Workbench for Collaborative Lifecycle Management can help you improve? Take this agile fitness survey:
- Answer seven questions around agile practices
- Compare your results against the jazz.net community
- Get feedback for how to improve using the Workbench for CLM and Rational services
After you finish your survey, you can watch this 10-minute video showing how IBM Self-Check for Software Teams can help your agile transformation (if you are just getting started) and your team's agile collaboration and retrospectives to become agile masters.
Supporting IBM Agility@Scale
The Collaborative ALM integrations help you scale your Agile practices across the development lifecycle.As your team adds Agile practices, add a product and additional integrations are at your disposal. Scale in the direction that best fits your team.
- Support the Agile core using Rational Team Concert. When you're ready to add requirements management or test management practices, add the Collaborative ALM integrations to Rational Requirements Composer and/or Rational Quality Manager
- Scale agile from small to globally distributed teams working in multiple releases concurrently
- Understand change effectively by using the built-in event feeds and traceability support
- Provide management practices through agile planning and tracking support, plus full support for engineering practices like incremental design, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
- Elaborate user stories using Rational Requirements Composer combined with the Collaborative ALM integrations to Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager or both
- Support concurrent testing, test management and/or independent testing with Rational Quality Manager combined with Requirements Composer and/or Rational Team Concert
- Provide project information on the Web in easily-customizable dashboards
Read Scott Ambler's Agility@Scale blog to learn more about strategies for scaling agile software development.
|Products||Downloads Community||Our Story|