Getting started roadmap for Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager
Andreea Jurj, Persistent Systems Ltd.
Last updated: 30 May 2017
Build basis: Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager 6.0.4
Introduction to Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager
If you work on complex engineering projects involving multiple teams that use large amounts of data across several lifecycle management applications, Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager unlocks the data from your applications, and provides insights you need to make the best engineering decisions.
With Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager, you create views and diagrams that consolidate data from multiple sources, to simplify tasks like:
- Change impact analysis: What work must we do for this change request?
- Situational awareness: Where are we as we converge towards “done”?
- Validity checking: Is our engineering information complete and related correctly?
Learn about the product in the formats that you prefer: short videos, help topics, tutorials, or online at Jazz.net.
Videos: Solution overview and Product overview
Help topic: Overview of Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager
Jazz.net: Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager
- Visualizing data across engineering disciplines: Views offer comprehensive visualizations of complex data and data relationships.
Help topic: Using views
Tutorial: Working with views
Video: Building views
- Analysing the impact of change: To determine how potential changes to artifacts can affect related artifacts, run analysis on any indexed artifact.
Help topic: Impact analysis workflow
Tutorial: Working with impact analysis diagrams
- Team member
- Product manager
Read about Role-based permissions.
About the author
Andreea Jurj is an advisory software developer working on the User Assistance team for IBM Internet of Things Continuous Engineering. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2017