Requiring Electronic Signatures in the web client
For compliance purposes, your organization might require users to provide electronic signatures at specific points during the workflow of a work item. You can configure this requirement by adding the Electronic Signature attribute, presentation, and precondition to a work item type.
- In the Eclipse client, in the Team Artifacts view, right-click the project area and select Open.
- In the Project Area editor, click the Process Configuration tab. Expand . Click Types and Attributes.
- Select the work item type category, such as Defect.
- In the Attributes section, click Add. Enter a name for the electronic signature attribute, such as E-Sig.
- In the Type field, select Electronic Signature, and click OK.
- Click Save to save the project area.
- Click Editor Presentations. In the Editor
Presentations list, expand Approvals.
Select Approvals (layout slot: <None>).
Click Add Presentation. If a Locked Section window opens, then the selected section is shared with other editor presentations, and if you make changes to it (for example, add a presentation), those changes will also appear in all presentations that share this section. You can select Unlock this section and make the changes, impacting other editor presentations, or you can select Replace these instances of the shared section and tab with unshared duplicates to make a copy of the section to use in this context. If you then make changes to the copied section, they do not impact other editor presentations.
- In the Attribute field, select the attribute you just created, such as E-Sig; in the Kind field, select Electronic Signature, and click OK. Click Save to save the project area.
- Expand Team Configuration and select Operation Behavior. In the Operations grid, click the cell in the Save Work Item row for the role for which you want the electronic signature requirement to apply. In the Preconditions section, click Add. Select Electronic Signature and click OK.
- In the Actions table, select the work item type, such as Defect, that contains the electronic signature attribute. Click Edit. Select the approval type, such Approval, Review, or Verification, for which you want to apply the Electronic Signature precondition. Click Save to save the project area.