Linking work items to test artifacts
You can link a work item to a test case or a test plan that you create in a quality management application.
Before you begin
- In the Work Item Editor, click the Links tab.
- In the Links section, click Add,
then select one of the following options, as appropriate:
- Add Blocks Test Execution
- Add Related Test Case
- Add Related Test Plan
- Add Tested by Test Case
- Add Affects Test Case Result
- Add Related Test Execution Record
- Add Related Test Script
- In the Artifact Link Dialog window,
select the location of the test case. If the test artifact is on a remote repository, and you are prompted to authenticate, log in by using your credentials for the server of the remote repository, which is displayed in the Authorization Required window.
- Select Link to existing, then click OK.
If the test case that you want to link to does not exist yet, select Create new, then click OK. Create a test case in the project that you selected, and then link to the test case.
- In the Select Test Case or Select Test Plan window, select the test case that you want to link to the work item. Click OK.