Including process guidance in the work item editor
You can customize the work item editor to include a link to process guidance, such as the process description, to help users learn about the work item type. When you hover over such a link, a preview of the guidance provided by the link target is displayed.
About this task
In addition to linking to the process description for the process that your team uses, such as Scrum or Formal Project Management Process, you might want to link to a sample work item so that users can see how to complete the fields of a work item of this type.
- Open the Editor Presentations page:
- Navigate to the project area in the administrative web interface. See Logging in for project administrators and team leads.
- Click Work Items.
- Click Editor Presentations.
- 2. In the Choose the Editor Presentation field, select the editor for the work item type to which you want to add links to process guidance.
- Select the section to which you want to add the presentation.
For example, the figure below highlights the Details section on the Overview tab.
- Add the presentation
- Click the Add Presentation icon .
- Select Non-Attribute-based Presentation.
- In the Kind field, select Static Rich Text.
- In the rich text editor, enter the text that you want to appear in the editor, select the text, then click the Create Link icon, .
- In the Link Properties window,
enter the URL of the target process guidance, as shown in the following
- In the Target field, specify whether to open the link in the same window or a new window, and click Set.
- Click OK.
- You can drag the new presentation to where you want it to appear in the section. For example, for guidance about work item types, you might want the link appear directly under the Type field.
- To save your changes to the project area, click Save.