Creating work items from a template in the Eclipse client
You can quickly create work items by using a work item template. The work items that you create based on a template are populated with the same field values as the work items that you specify when you create the template.
Before you begin
On the Eclipse client toolbar, click the down arrow next to the New icon
and select Work Items from Template.
The Create Work Items from a Template wizard opens to the Select a Template page.
- From the Project Area list, select the project area that the template is saved in, and from the Available Templates field, select a template to use for creating the new work items.
If the Next button is enabled, click it. Otherwise, go to step 5.
Note: The Next button is enabled only when the template that you select has attribute variables, string variables, or both.
- On the Assign Template Variable Values page, for each variable that is listed in the template, select a value to use in the new work items.
The wizard creates one or more work items that are based on the template.
To delete a work item template, complete the following steps.
- In the Team Artifacts view of the Work Items perspective, right-click the project area and select Open.
- Click the Process Configuration tab. Expand , and then click Templates.
- In the Shared Templates area, select the template that you want to delete and click Remove.
- Click Save.
You created work items that are based on the selected template.