Submitting your changes for code review
As an author to begin a code review process, you must first submit your changes for review. To submit a completed change set for review, associate it with a work item and specify team members to review it. The following procedure explains how to initiate the code review process by using the Eclipse client.
Before you begin
About this task
- As an author, in the Pending Changes view, select the changes sets
for review, right-click the selection, and click Submit for Review.
Note: The Submit for Review action is enabled only if the change set is in a repository workspace that is flowing with a stream. If it flows to another workspace, or has no flow target you cannot submit for review.
- If a work item is not associated with the change set, the Submit Change Sets
for Review window prompts you to do so. For more information, see Associating change sets with work items.
- In the Submit for Review window:
- To suspend the change sets while you await responses from reviewers, select Suspend change sets.
- Optional: Enter a brief comment to be added to the work item.
- In the Reviewers section, click Add to add reviewers.
In the Enter user name field, enter a text string and click Search to search for the name of a reviewer. Click to select one or more (use Ctrl key) reviewers in the Matching users field, click Select and then, click OK.
- Optional: By default, the target is set as your workspace stream. You can change the target stream if required.
- After you added the reviewers, click Finish. You can view the code review summary and open the code review page from the code review tab, in the work item view of the Eclipse client. The code review presentation is displayed according to the configuration settings done by your project area administrator. It is usually added to the Code Review tab for ease of access and usability.