Sharing Eclipse projects with your team
If you have a project in your Eclipse workspace that you want to share, use the Share Project wizard to put the project under Engineering Workflow Management source control and make it part of a component in a repository workspace.
Before you begin
About this task
When you are working as part of a team, you might develop a new component and test it before making it available to your team; or you might decide to use a component that you got from another source, such as another development team that does not use Engineering Workflow Management source control. To put this type of a project under Engineering Workflow Management source control, use the Share Project wizard.
- Specify a text file encoding for the project. In the Eclipse Navigator view (or any Eclipse view that supports Team operations) right-click the project and click Properties. On the Resource property page, select ISO-8859-1 (or another encoding that is appropriate for the character set and platforms that the project is being developed for). For more information, see the Eclipse help for workspace preferences.
- Right-click the project and click .
- In the Share Project wizard, select Jazz Source Control as the repository type and click Next.
- If you are not already connected to the repository in which
you want to share the project, select a repository to use and click Login.
To create a repository connection, choose New from the list of repository connections.
- Specify the repository workspace to use.
- If you have an existing repository workspace and a component that you want to share the project with, leave Select a component in an existing repository workspace selected, expand the workspace, and select a component. If you want to place the project in a new component in an existing repository workspace, select the workspace, and click New Component. Enter a name for the new component, click OK, and select the new component in the list. Click Next.
- If you do not have an existing repository workspace, or you want to create one, select Create a new repository workspace named, enter a name for the workspace, and click Next. If you do not want to share the project with a stream, select Just back up my work. Don't flow changes to a stream yet and click Next. If you know the stream with which you want to share the project, leave Flow with a stream selected, select the stream from the list, and click Next. Select the component in which to place the project, and click Next.
- If your project contains any file types or folders that
are ignored by Eclipse, the wizard prompts you to review them.
For more information, see Selecting resources to exclude from Engineering Workflow Management source control.
- Click Finish.
What to do next
The Eclipse project is added to your repository workspace. When you deliver the project to one of the team streams, other team members who want to access this project can add it to one of their repository workspaces.