Searching streams or repository workspaces for components
You can create a component or add to an existing one by sharing a project from your Eclipse workspace. You can also explicitly create a new, empty component to which you can add projects.
About this task
You can search for all streams or repository workspaces that contain a specific component. Use this capability if you need to know all consumers of a component, such as when you use the Locate Change Set editor to determine if all consumers of a component have a specific change set. You can also query for streams by a custom attribute value. This capability helps you organize streams in the Team Artifacts view. To support this query capability, you can use the Eclipse client stream editor to set custom attribute values.
You can also search all streams or repository workspaces for custom attribute values. You can set custom attribute values on a stream, and then search for these custom attributes. This improves the ability to organize streams in the Team Artifacts view as well as providing richer queries for other uses.
- In the Team Artifacts view, select Search for field, select All of the above. . Alternatively, you can select , and in the Search for streams page, in the
In the Search for Streams page, select your search criteria:
- In the Repository field, select the repository that you want to search.
- In the In the Name or pattern (* ?) field, type a text that you want to use in your search.
- In the Owned by field, select an owner for the streams or repository workspaces that you want to search
- In the Has component field, select the component you want to search for.
- In the Component at baseline: field, click Add to specify a specific baseline to search for.
- In the Search for field, select Streams, Workspaces or All of the above.
- In the Filter by Custom Attribute field, click Add to add a custom attribute filer. In the Select Custom Attribute page, select the attribute you want to add, and its value. Click OK.