Creating repository workspaces
You can create a new, empty repository workspace and then load it with existing components from other workspaces or streams. You can also create a repository workspace from a stream when you want to work with the specific configuration of component baselines that the stream contains.
- In the web client, in the upper left, click the Home Menu icon. Expand Change and Configuration Management and click a project name.
On the project page, click Source Control and, under
Create, click Repository workspace.
Note: In a team environment, it is more common to create a workspace based on an existing configuration in a stream that includes the components the team works on. If you want to create a repository workspace from a stream, navigate to the stream and, in the Stream editor, click the New Repository Workspace icon .
- In the New Workspace Name field, enter a name for the repository workspace.
- Optional: To change the project or team area that owns the workspace, click the Change Owner icon .
- Optional: To change the default visibility, click the Change Visibility icon .
- Optional: In the Description field, enter a brief description for the workspace.
Under Components, complete one of the following steps:
- To create a new component and add it to the workspace, click the New icon .
- To search for existing components to add to the workspace, click the Add icon .
To add a flow target, under Flow Targets, click
Add and complete the Select a Stream or Workspace
Note: If you choose to create a workspace from a stream, the stream from which you create the workspace is added as a flow target for the workspace.
Tip: You can create a repository workspace that is identical to an existing workspace. To create a duplicate workspace, in the Workspace editor, click the Duplicate Workspace icon , type a name and description, and click Save.
The duplicate workspace contains the same component baselines and flow targets as the existing workspace.Tip: You can delete a repository workspace in the Workspace editor by clicking the Delete Workspace icon .