You can set various Engineering Workflow Management source control preferences, such as automatically associating a work item as part of a check-in or configuring third-party compare tools.
Before you can open the Team Concert MS-SCCI Preferences window from the Team Concert MS-SCCI Tray Application, you must open a project that has MS-SCCI configured as the source control provider.
Before you begin
- To open the MS-SCCI Preferences window,
from the Taskbar, right-click the Team
Concert MS-SCCI Tray Application; then click Show
MS-SCCI Preferences. Tip: You can also open the MS-SCCI Preferences window from the Team Concert MS-SCCI Control Panel window.
- Optional: In the Team Concert MS-SCCI Preferences
window, on the Source Control page, select any
of the following preferences:
- To lock a file so that no other user can edit it, click Lock the file (only if there are no incoming changes).
- To automatically deliver changes to the stream when you check them in, click Deliver changes as part of check-in.
- To unlock a locked file that is delivered as part of a checkin, click Unlock the file (if already locked).
- To require that a work item is associated to a change set during a checkin, click Associate work item to the change set as part of check-in.
- To create one change set per file during checkin, click Create one change set per file.
- To unlock a file when you undo a checkout, click unlock the file after delivering (if already locked).
- To overwrite a local file/folder with a remote file/folder during a get operation, click Overwrite local file/folder with remote file/folder.
- To keep a file/folder after a remove operation, click Do not delete the local file/folder after Remove operation.
- To keep a file/folder after a rename operation, click Do not delete the local file/folder after Rename operation..
- To automatically open the Pending Changes view during startup, click Automatically display Pending Changes view on startup.
- To support the TLS 1.1 or 1.2 protocol, select Use TLS 1.1 or Use TLS 1.2. In the scm.ini file, add the following text -Dcom.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.protocol=SSL_TLSv2. The default file location is install_location\3rd Party\scmtools\eclipse.
- Optional: Click the Miscellaneous tab.
On the Miscellaneous page, select any of the
- To always fetch file properties from the server, click Always fetch properties from server (involves delay).
- To set the trace level, in the Global Trace Level field, select a trace level.
- To select a language setting, in the Language Settings field, select a language.
- Optional: To configure external compare tools,
click Configure Compare Tools.
- In the Compare Tools window, in the External Compare Tool to Use field, select an editor from the list.
- Complete the remaining fields and click Save.
- Click OK.