Working on work items
You can specify any work item as the current work item for a workspace. By default, new change sets are associated with the current work item.
About this task
You can view the current work item number and part of its headline in the lower right corner of the Eclipse main frame. If there is no current work item, this area displays the text <no current work> string. When you set or remove the current work item, you are prompted to apply Suspend or Resume actions on change sets that are associated with the work item.
- Open the work item and set its status to Set as Current Work Item.
- From the Work Items view, drag the work item into the lower right corner of the Eclipse main window.
- In lower right corner of the Eclipse main frame, right-click the <no current work> string; then click either Set Current Work Item or Recent Work Items to view a list of work items to work on.
- In the work item editor, in the upper left corner, select Remove as Current Work Item.
- In the lower right corner of the Eclipse main frame, right-click the work item; then click Remove Current Work Item.
What to do next
When you resolve an active work item, you are prompted to deliver the associated change sets. If you stop working on a work item or start a new change set while a work item is active, you are prompted to suspend the changes associated with the active work item. These actions are optional.