Automatically locking specific file types
You can automatically lock specific file types when they are edited by associating one or more file patterns with a stream. The deliver, suspend, resume, discard and undo operations can release or acquire locks. The preferences for these operations can be set to prompt for action, release locks, or hold locks.
About this task
- In the Team Artifacts view, navigate to your project area; right-click Source Control, and click Open.
- In the Stream editor, in the Auto-lock files area, type the file name patterns for files that are automatically locked.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To configure prompting preferences
for automatically locked files:
- From the main menu bar, click .
- Expand the Team entry, expand Jazz Source Control, and click Notification Dialogs.
- On the Notification Dialogs page, select the applicable actions for locked resources and click OK.