Specifying a source code data scanner
Specify a data scanner to scan source code associated with a given language definition.
Before you complete this task, make sure that you have provided all the information that is required on the General tab in the Language Definition editor. You must do this before you can save your source code data scanner specifications.
Before you begin
- From the Team Artifacts view, expand your project area node, then expand the following nodes: IBM i. or
- Right-click the Language Definitions node and select New
Language Definition. The Language Definition editor opens.
- Select the Scanners tab. The Scanners tab opens.
- In the Source Code Scanners box, either confirm that the
default System z® or IBM® i scanner is listed in the choices
box or, if you want to specify a different scanner, click Add.
If you have more than one scanner listed, you can prioritize them by clicking Move Up or Move Down. Click Remove to remove one.
- In the Dependency Types box, specify the dependency types
supported by this language definition. You can modify, add, or remove dependency types by clicking either Add, Edit, Remove, or Add All, depending on your needs.
- In the Dependency Types box, specify the translators that resolve each dependency type.
- Click Save.