Using the Compare with IBM i view for IBM i Projects
You can use the Compare with IBM® i view to compare the contents of IBM i Projects in a repository workspace with the mapped libraries on an IBM i file system. Using the Compare with IBM i view is useful when a problem has occurred with an IBM i Continuous Load or IBM i Command build that causes the i Projects and the mapped libraries to be out of sync.
Before you begin
- The Compare with IBM i view is deprecated in Rational Team Concert versions 4.0.6 and higher.
- The Compare with IBM i view is not supported with IBM i dependency build definitions or IBM i Build Specification builds.
About this task
- Right-click the repository workspace and select Compare With > IBM i.
- Select an i Project from the list and click Next.
Note: The list will include all of the i Projects that have mappings in the selected repository workspace. The list does not contain any i Projects that do not have mappings or were generated using versions of Rational® Developer for i prior to Version 7.5.
- On the Define IBM i Connection panel,
enter the host name, your user name, and password. Tip: You can save the host connection for subsequent comparisons by selecting Save connection.
- Click Finish. The results will be displayed in the Compare with IBM i view.
What to do next
- This area provides a summary of the changes. The following decorators
are used to indicate the types of changes:
- : The object or source member was changed in the repository workspace.
- : The object or source member exists in the repository workspace but not on the IBM i file system.
- : The object or source member was removed from the repository workspace.
- : The object or source member was changed on the IBM i file system.
- : The object or source member exists on the IBM i file system but not in the repository.
- : The object or source member was deleted from the IBM i file system.
- : The object or source member was changed in the repository workspace and on the IBM i file system. This decorator indicates there is a conflict.
- This area provides detailed information about individual changes. You can see details of the changes for individual objects or source members by selecting them in the Outline area. The detailed area lists all the changed attributes of the object or source member. For each changed source member, there is also an option to view the difference between the contents in the repository workspace and on the IBM i file system. If source member contents conflict (are out of sync), the detailed area will show the timestamp of the last download to the IBM i file system and the timestamp of last modification on the IBM i file system. The conflict usually occurs when the source member was manually changed without using either the Continuous Load build definition template or the Compare with IBM i view.
- There are several actions available in this view:
- : This action allows you to load a library, object or source member from the repository workspace to the IBM i file system.
- : This action allows you to select a different IBM i host connection for your comparison. You can define a new host connection or select an existing connection in the list.
- : This action allows you to filter the changes originating from the repository workspace, or the changes originating from the IBM i file system.