Configuring the ClearQuest Chart widget
Configure the ClearQuest® Chart widget to run a Rational® ClearQuest query and display the results in chart format.
Before you begin
This topic assumes that you have already added the Chart widget on the dashboard by following the instructions in Adding the ClearQuest Chart widget on the dashboard.
- If you are not already logged on to the user database,
click the Login link that appears in the Chart
widget. You must log on before the Jazz® Team
Server can access the ClearQuest user
database by using your login credentials.
An authorization dialog box opens.
- Type your user ID and password and click Continue.
You are prompted to select a user database.
- Select a database from the User Database list
and click Continue. A navigation pane displaying your ClearQuest workspace opens.
- Navigate the workspace, select a query, and click OK.
You are prompted to select a display field for the chart.
- Select a display field from the Select a display
field for the chart menu and click Continue.
The query runs and the Chart widget is populated with the results.
- Notice that the default title of the Chart widget is comprised
of the following items:
query name (total record count returned) - display field name - schema repository/user database
Hover over a bar to see the record count of the grouping value. Click a bar to open the ClearQuest Web interface and view the record results in that grouping.
- (Optional) You can modify the appearance (title, trim, background color) and settings (presentation/chart type, theme) of the widget display by clicking the down arrow in the widget toolbar and selecting the associated property option.
- Remember to save your changes by clicking the Save button on the dashboard toolbar.