Lesson 3: Create an impact analysis filter
In this lesson, you create a set of filtering rules, which you use to customize the current impact analysis diagram for your project. You create the filter in a second browser tab so that you can switch back and forth between the impact analysis diagram and the filter.
Define a filter.
- Open a new tab in your web browser, and go to http://server:port/relm/web.
- To open the project, click JKE Banking on the My Projects tab.
To create an impact analysis filter, go to
- Name the filter Test Case Analysis.
Configure what artifacts to include in the impact analysis diagram based on the link
- Click Add Link Type
at the right side of the Filtered Links section.
- In the Add Filter (Link) dialog box, select All Project
Areas. Then choose the testedByTestCase
(http://open-services.net/ns/cm#testedByTestCase) value and click
- Repeat step i and step ii to add the following link types:
- implementsRequirement (http://open-services.net/ns/cm#implementsRequirement)
- Satisfies (https://rmserver:9443/rm/types/_jS1ALIXDEei6UY8WM5exJQ)
- Click Save.
When you use this filter, the diagram shows artifacts that are linked by the configured link types. To show all artifacts except the ones that are linked by the configured link types, select the Ignore Selected Artifacts and Links check box. You can combine multiple filters in a profile, and thus you combine inclusion and exclusion rules.
- Click Add Link Type at the right side of the Filtered Links section.
Apply the filter.
The diagram shows the artifacts based on the rules that you defined in the Test Case Analysis filter.
On the web browser tab where you are editing your impact analysis diagram, on the
Active Filters tab, click Add Filter
Select the Test Case Analysis filter, and click
- Click Apply.
- On the web browser tab where you are editing your impact analysis diagram, on the Active Filters tab, click Add Filter .
Save the profile.
The profile holds the traversal information (number of analysis levels and directions), and any filters that you configure.
On the Focus and Profile tab, click Save.
In the Save Profile window, enter the profile name and a description, and
click Save Profile.
- On the Focus and Profile tab, click Save.
Create an impact analysis diagram that uses the Test Case Analysis
- In the Focus Artifact field, enter support.
In the search results list, select Donors Can Choose to Support an
In the Profile field, select Test Case Analysis
The description shows you what filters are applied.
- Click Start Analysis.
The diagram shows all the artifacts that are impacted by the focus artifact, and linked by using the link types that are specified in the selected profile.
- Go to .