Connecting Lifecycle Query Engine to applications that use a different Jazz Team Server
If you installed Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE) on a separate Jazz Team Server (JTS) from the lifecycle management applications, first you add the client access licence for LQE on the JTS where the lifecycle tools are registered, then you create a functional LQE user that can run background tasks, you create an inbound consumer key for LQE on each lifecycle management application, and finally you add the data sources by using root services documents or URLs. This configuration ensures that LQE can access the IBM® Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) data.
In a web browser, open the JTS
On the Server page, under Licensing, click .
- When prompted for a license, browse to the WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/licenses/TRS_Consumer_Internal.jar file in the lqe.war file. Follow the prompts in the wizard to accept the license agreement, and finish.
Creating the functional user that is required by LQE
On the JTS
administration page, at
https://server:port/jts/admin, in the Users menu, select Create user.
Create the functional LQE user (for
lqe_user), and assign the TRS Consumer-Internal client access license.Note: If IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Engineering Insights (ENI) is installed on the same JTS, you must assign the TRS Consumer-Internal license to the
- Return to the Active Users page. Click the jts_user link. On the jts_user page, go to the Client Access License area, and select TRS Consumer-Internal.
Creating an inbound consumer key for LQE on each lifecycle management application
Start the server for each application that you want to configure.
Before you begin
Important: If the lifecycle management applications are deployed to the same JTS as LQE, it is not necessary to create inbound consumers. Complete these steps only if the applications that you add as data sources for LQE, such as Change and Configuration Management (CCM), Quality Management (QM), and Requirements Management (RM), run on a separate JTS.
Create the inbound consumer key for LQE in each
lifecycle management application.
Open the application administration page:
- CCM: https://host_name:port/ccm/admin
- RM: https://host_name:port/rm/admin
- QM: https://host_name:port/ccm/admin
On the Application page, select Communication
>Consumers (Inbound) and create a new OAuth Consumer key for
Enter the consumer name LQE, a secret, and select Trusted. Then click Register.
- In the Authorized Keys list, edit the LQE entry by clicking the pencil icon.
- In the Edit Consumer Key Properties dialog box, click the Select User... link.
- Enter lqe in the filter field, and select lqe_user from the list of matching users. Click Add and Close, and then Finish.
Now you can add your data sources by using one of the following procedures:ELM, see Choosing what Tracked Resource Set feeds to add to Lifecycle Query Engine.