Exporting reports to different formats
Before you begin
- To export to a spreadsheet or Microsoft Word document, you must have Microsoft Office version 2010 or later installed. Team members must also have at least version 2010.
- To export to Engineering Publishing, you must have a licensed copy of Document Studio installed.
About this task
For reports that you run regularly or if you have created pivot tables or charts in Microsoft Excel, you can refresh the query results so your report has the latest data. You can refresh the RunQuery worksheet or from your charts or pivot tables. In the generated spreadsheet, follow the instructions on the RunQuery worksheet to create a data source from the live query.
If your project maintains a collection of frequently run reports for reporting project status, you can also copy the URL on the RunQuery worksheet into another Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- From your Jazz dashboard, in the report widget, click Open in new window. If you are already working in Report Builder, go to step 2.
- After Report Builder opens, verify the filter settings. If you change any filter settings, run the report again before you export it. If you are exporting in graph format, from the View as menu, select Graph to ensure that it’s formatted as a graph.
In Report Builder, near the upper right corner of the report, click
Export and the format you want:
- To a spreadsheet: Click Export the report to Microsoft Excel, and follow the instructions for the type of spreadsheet you want to create. See the instructions for how to refresh live data if you choose that option. You can build charts and pivot tables in your spreadsheets.
- To a document-style report: Click Export the report to IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing . Follow the instructions for creating a report or adding to an existing report, or inserting a report image into a Engineering Publishing document.
- To Word, PDF, or HTML formats: Click Export the report to Microsoft Word, PDF, or HTML, select the file format, page orientation, paper size (for Word and PDF), font size, and layout of the report, and click Generate. In the list layout, each artifact is listed in its own paragraph.
- To images: Select the image type to export to. Follow the instructions in your browser.