Jazz Reporting Service components
- Report Builder: Provides an easy-to-use interface where you can create your own reports or run predefined reports.
- Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE): Indexes the data from across your projects for near-live reporting and reporting on configurations.
- Data Collection Component (DCC): Gathers the data from across your projects into the data warehouse for your reports.
For your data source, you use either Lifecycle Query Engine or the data warehouse. For more information on data sources, see Deciding which data source to use.
Use Report Builder to quickly and easily consolidate data across your lifecycle management tools and project areas. You can start with the ready-to-use and ready-to-copy reports or you can create new reports to retrieve and share information about your projects. You can add your report to a Jazz dashboard or export it to a spreadsheet, HTML, PDF, or Microsoft Word.
Depending on the applications that you use, and the type of information that you want to report on, you can choose to report on data that is collected in a data warehouse or that is indexed by Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE). For example, if you collect data about configurations, you must use LQE as the data source.
Lifecycle Query Engine
You can use Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE) to index data from applications that support the tracked resource set (TRS) specification. Each lifecycle tool makes data available by contributing a tracked resource set (TRS) feed. LQE uses the TRS feed contributions to create and maintain an index of link-accessible resources from the TRS data sources that are defined in the LQE administration page. The index is synchronized periodically with each data source, ensuring that current data is available for use in lifecycle queries.
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS®
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management
- IBM Engineering Test Management
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Engineering Insights
The Data Collection Component
The Data Collection Component runs data collection jobs from Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) applications and loads data into the data warehouse. Data Collection Component is designed to improve performance by using parallel processing.
If you use a data warehouse, install the Data Collection Component. You can access the Data Collection Component at: https://<server>:<port>/dcc/web. For example in a web browser, type the address: https://localhost:9443/dcc/web.