Connecting to a IBM Connections community
Each Jazz user can associate their IBM Connections user account with IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) user account in their user profile page. Once mapped, users can link to and create new IBM Connections resources and artifacts from the web client, and each users' information and community contributions are visible in their Jazz user profile.
Before you begin
About this task
If a project area is associated with a IBM Connections community, you must connect your profile to the same server that hosts the community in order to use the integration features, such as the Social Network widget and work item integration with community activities, while working within that project.
You can connect to servers running IBM Connections 4.0 and 4.5.
To connect your Jazz user profile with your social network profile, you must specify the IBM Connections server in your profile.
- In the Jazz web client main menu, open your user menu and select View My Profile and Licenses.
- Click the Social Network tab.
- Enter the URL (Internet address)
of the IBM Connections server.
The URL must include the protocol prefix https://. Both the standard HTTP and secure HTTPS protocols are supported, but using the HTTP protocol is not recommended.
- Enter your community user name and password (not your Jazz credentials) to log in to the IBM Connections server.
- Save your changes.
- Optional: If you want to copy your community profile picture to your Jazz member profile so that other project members can see it when they view your Jazz user information, click Copy this photo to my Jazz profile.