Registering the GitLab repository in EWM
When you register a Git repository, you create an association between the Git repository and a IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) process area.
Before you begin
You must have permissions to register a repository. For more information, see Defining Git-related permissions and preconditions.
A shared user base, such as a common LDAP, between EWM and the GitLab/GitLab Enterprise server is optional. It is recommended to add an EWM functional user ID to the webhook configuration. Ensure that the functional user is authorized for Git requests.
- In the web client, log on to Change and Configuration Management. For example, go to https://host_name:9443/ccm/web.
- On the All Projects page, click the desired project area.
- Click .
- Click Register a Git repository.
- Enter the name of the Git repository that you want to register.
- In the URL field, enter the URL of the Git repository.
- Optional: To specify a project area or team area that controls which users can commit or push changes to the Git repository and that enforces process based on user roles and work item attribute values, click the arrow at the end of the Controlling Process Area field and select a project area or team area.
- Expand the Host Server Configuration section. In the Hosting Server field, select GitLab from the list.
- Click Save.