Viewing commit details by using a Node.js server
You can set up a Node.js server to view details of a Git commit in a Gerrit repository.
Be sure that you have completed the tasks described in Configuring the basic integration with Gerrit.
Before you begin
About this task
Before you complete this task, try clicking the commit links in work items to see if doing so opens the Gerrit web client. If the Gerrit web client opens, you do not need to perform this task.
Tip: As an alternative to this task, you can use any other Git repository viewer to view details of a Git commit in a Gerrit repository, but you must configure the Commit URI Format in the Advanced section of the Git Repository Registration page.
Configure a Node.js server. For more information, see Integrating with Node.js server.
Note: You can use the LDAP server that is used by the Gerrit server.
- In the config.json file at EWM Git toolkit\server, change the Git-Repositories-Root-Dir to the location of the Git repositories that are managed by Gerrit.
Configure the Git repository URL to point to the Node.js server URL instead of the Gerrit
server URL, and to specify the authentication details of a functional user to retrieve commit
details from the Node.js server.
- In the web client, log on to the Change and Configuration Management page. For example, go to https://host_name:9443/ccm/web.
- Click .
- Click Browse Registered Git Repositories.
- Select the repository that you have previously registered.
- In the URL field, change the Git repository URL to point to the Node.js server URL instead of the Gerrit server URL.
- Under the Git Server Authentication details section, fill the User ID, Password and Confirm Password fields with the functional user ID and password to log in to the Node.js server.
- Click Save.