Enabling outgoing synchronization
After you finish configuring the IBM® Rational® ClearQuest® user database and the Jazz® project area, enable outgoing synchronization for the Jazz Team Server so that changes that users make to work items are propagated to the ClearQuest user database.
About this task
|Concurrent Synchronization Tasks||The maximum number of concurrent asynchronous tasks to be
used for incoming and outgoing synchronization. Increasing this number
allows for handling more synchronization requests in parallel, but
uses more tasks from the server's asynchronous task pool, limiting
availability for other tasks.
Note: Do not change the default value of this property unless you have a compelling reason to do so.
|Outgoing Synchronization Enabled||Enable or disable outgoing synchronization for all item connectors.
Synchronization of changes to Jazz items with external repositories
is done by a periodic background task. This task can be globally enabled
and disabled (for maintenance activities, for example).
Note: Other than when you perform maintenance activities, you should have outgoing synchronization enabled. If you have outgoing synchronization disabled, the Synchronization Status view shows pending outgoing items for every incoming ClearQuest record.
|Outgoing Synchronization Task Fixed Delay||The time interval in seconds between runs of this task. A lower limit of 60 seconds is imposed internally.|
To enable outgoing synchronization:
- Open a Web browser and enter the URL for your Jazz Team Server. For example: https://localhost:9443/ccm/. Login as a Jazz administrator.
- In the Configuration section of the Application page, click Advanced Properties.
- Scroll to the Item Interoperation component. For com.ibm.team.interop.service.internal.InteropService, click Edit. For Outgoing Synchronization Enabled, select true in the drop-down list.
- For com.ibm.team.interop.service.internal.OutgoingSyncScheduledTask, click Edit. Optionally, change the Outgoing Synchronization Task Fixed Delay property setting, which controls how frequently the Jazz Team Server polls for work item changes to include in outgoing synchronization operations. The default setting is 300 seconds.
- Click Save at the top of the page to save the change.