Configuring the ClearQuest Synchronizer to create OSLC links
You can configure the ClearQuest® Synchronizer so that it creates Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) links in the work items and the Rational® ClearQuest records that it synchronizes. The link in the work item goes to the corresponding Rational ClearQuest record, and the link in the Rational ClearQuest record goes to the corresponding work item.
Before you begin
About this task
- For each Rational
type for which you want to add OSLC links, find the record type database
- In the IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) web client, open a work item that has a ClearQuest Bridge link to a Rational ClearQuest record. The link should be to a Rational ClearQuest record that is of one of the Rational ClearQuest record types for which you want to add OSLC links.
- Right-click on the ClearQuest Bridge link and select Copy Link Location.
- In a text editor, paste the contents of the clipboard.
An example link is:
http://fully-qualified-host-name/cqweb/oslc/repo/mySchemaRepository/db/SAMPL/record/16777224-33555184where the number in bold is the record type database ID.
- Navigate to the install-directory\gateway folder. Open the cqconnector.properties file.
- Add the following entries:
cq.recordTypeDbId.record type name=record type dbid. Specify this entry for each Rational ClearQuest record type database ID that you retrieve in Step 1. For example:
cq.createOslcLinkJazz=true. To stop adding links in work items, set this option to false.
cq.createOslcLinkClearQuest=true. To stop adding links in Rational ClearQuest records, set this option to false.
cq.rootServices=ClearQuest OSLC root services URI. The ClearQuest OSLC root services URI is the concatenation of the public URI and the Rational ClearQuest discovery context information. Specify the URL in OSLC format; for example, http://fully_qualified_host_name/cqweb/oslc/repo/mySchemaRepository/discovery.
- Save the cqconnector.properties file.
- For each Rational
type for which you want to add OSLC links, verify that the corresponding
synchronization rule lists the Rational
ClearQuest id field
as External identifier.
- In the EWM client for Eclipse IDE Team Artifacts view, right-click the repository connection and select .
- In the Synchronization Rules view, expand the project area. Double-click a synchronization rule to open it in the editor.
- In the Property Mappings section, click the row that contains id in the External Property column.
- In the Mapping details section, make sure that External identifier is selected.