As you configure your environment to use the ClearQuest® Synchronizer, refer to this checklist to make sure that you complete all necessary tasks.
Ensure that you complete the following tasks:
- Review Prerequisites and ensure that you are in compliance.
- Go through the ClearQuest Synchronizer tutorial. See Get started with the Rational ClearQuest Synchronizer.
- Start the Jazz® Team Server if it is not already started. Navigate to JazzInstallDir\server and run the server.startup command.
- Start the ClearQuest Gateway. See Starting the ClearQuest Gateway for details.
- Verify that the ClearQuest Gateway is running. See Verifying that the ClearQuest Gateway is running for details.
- Start the ClearQuest Synchronizer Setup Wizard and complete all steps to perform the initial configuration of your ClearQuest and Jazz environments. See Setting up the ClearQuest Synchronizer for details.
- For users who will work in the configured environment, ensure
that the Login field of their ClearQuest user
records contains the same value as the User ID in their Jazz user records.
If you want the ClearQuest Synchronizer, during incoming synchronization operations, to be able to create Jazz user records that correspond to ClearQuest user records, make sure that the ClearQuest user records contain values in their Name and E-mail fields. When creating a Jazz user record, the User ID, Name, and Email Address fields are mandatory. Use the ClearQuest User Administration Tool to modify ClearQuest user records.
- For each ClearQuest record type that you synchronize with an IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) item type, create a query that selects the records to be synchronized; otherwise, all records of the record type are synchronized. Place the queries in the project area folder or folders that the wizard creates.
- After you use the ClearQuest Synchronizer Setup
Wizard to create the initial versions of synchronization rules, edit the rules to specify additional
mapping details by using the Synchronization Rule Editor in the EWM Eclipse
client. Start by completing a planning worksheet for each ClearQuest record type that you want to synchronize with an EWM item
type. The planning worksheets record the information that you need to create synchronization rules
for the record types. See Planning synchronization rules for details.
Using the completed planning worksheets, edit the synchronization rules for the record types that you synchronize with EWM item types. See Creating synchronization rules for details.
- Edit the external repository connection properties to enable outgoing synchronization for the external repository connection.
- Reset the ClearQuest Gateway so that it initializes to use the new synchronization rules. See Resetting the ClearQuest Gateway for details.
- Enable outgoing synchronization for the Jazz Team Server. See Enabling outgoing synchronization for details.
- Test the ClearQuest Synchronizer configuration by adding a record to the ClearQuest user database. After the incoming synchronization operation propagates the change to the Jazz repository, test outgoing synchronization by modifying the corresponding EWM work item. See Testing the ClearQuest Synchronizer for details.
- Optionally, run the batch synchronization tool to create corresponding items in the Jazz repository for a batch of ClearQuest records. See Importing a batch of ClearQuest records for details.
After you finish configuring the ClearQuest Synchronizer, see Working in a synchronized environment for information about working on synchronized ClearQuest records and EWM work items.