Lesson 1: Preparing your environment
You must prepare your development environment before you can define builds using Ant with Enterprise Extensions.
This lesson assumes that you have performed the following tasks:
About this task
- Prepared a Jazz® Team Server. See the Installation overview for information about installing and configuring the Jazz Team Server.
- Created a project area.
- Created a user to perform the builds. Edit the user profile and verify that it has the IBM® Engineering Workflow Management ( - Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms Client Access License (CAL).
- Modified the process configuration so you can save data
set definitions, language definitions, and translators. Note: Specifically, you might need to update your permissions so you can save build definitions and build results, and also deliver source code.
- Installed and configured the Engineering Workflow Management Eclipse client. The client should have a repository connection defined for your Jazz Team Server, and it should be connected to your project area.
- The Jazz Build System should be installed on the z/OS® system that performs builds.
- The Rational® Build Agent should be installed and configured on the z/OS system that performs builds.
What to do next
- The Rational Build Agent initializes with a shell script that is described later in this tutorial.
- This tutorial does not depend on Job Monitor.