Lesson 3: Create a team area and add a member
In this lesson, you will create a team area and add a user as a member of the team area. You will also create a work item category and associate it with the team area.
About this task
To create a new team area:
- Click Overview to go to the project
area Overview page. In the Team Hierarchy section,
click , the Create Team icon.
Enter a name, such as Admin UI team. In the Timeline section,
notice that the project timeline, Main Development, is the default
entry. Click the dropdown arrow to see that the Maintenance timeline
is also available. For this tutorial, we'll create the team area in
the Main Development timeline, so select that. Click Save to
save the team area. Note: After you create a team area, you cannot associate it with a different timeline.
- Next, you will create a user and add her as a member of the team area. From , the Administration menu, click Manage Users. Click Create User. Enter a name, user ID, and Email address for a user. Specify email@example.com for the Email address. Select JazzUsers repository permissions. Select the IBM® Engineering Workflow Management - Developer and IBM Engineering Test Management - Quality Professional licenses. This user will need the Quality Professional CAL in Lesson 7: Configure operation behavior (QM). Click Save to create the user. Throughout the rest of this tutorial, we use Wilma as the name of this user.
- Click Project Areas, then select Customization
Tutorial Project (Change Management) under Recent
Project Areas. In the Team Hierarchy section,
click Admin UI team. In the Members section,
click Add to add Wilma. In the Add
New Members wizard, enter Wilma,
then click the arrow to move Wilma from the Matching users pane
to the Selected users pane. Click Next.
Assign the Team Member role to Wilma by selecting
Team Member in the Available Roles pane and then clicking the arrow
to move it to the Selected Roles pane. Click Finish.
Click Save to save your changes to the team area. You are asked if you want to send an Email message to Wilma inviting her to the team area. Click Cancel.
- Navigate to the project area by clicking the link to it
under the Team Hierarchy section. Click Categories.
In the Actions cell for the project area category,
click , the Actions icon
and select Add Category. Enter Admin
UI as the name. Click OK. In the Actions cell
for the Admin UI category, click again and select Associate.
Select the Admin UI team. Click Associate.
- Create a team area.
- Add a user as a member of the team area.
- Assign a role to the member of the team area.
- Create a work item category and associate it with a team area.