Lesson 2: Create a standard setup process template
In this lesson, you create a process template that you can use to create project areas. Creating a process template is not a required step when using process sharing. In this tutorial, the template is used to configure project area initialization so that a team area, stream, and component are created whenever you create a project area that is based on the template.
About this task
To create a standard setup process template:
- If you are not already in the web client, log on at https://fully-qualified-host-name:9443/ccm/admin as the same user that you used in Lesson 1: Create a provider project area.
- Click Templates. In the Actions column for the Unconfigured Process row, click the Export icon (). Click OK to save the .zip archive file to a directory on your computer.
- Start the IBM® Engineering Workflow Management client for Eclipse IDE.
- In the Team Artifacts view, either click the Create Repository Connection link or right-click the view and select .
- In the Location URI field, enter the URI. For example: https://hostname.example.com:9443/ccm. Enter your user ID and password, and then click Finish.
- Open the Process Templates view: click Team, select Process Templates and click OK., expand
- In the Process Templates view, right-click the repository connection and select Import. Select Template archive file, and then click Browse and navigate to the unconfigured.process.ibm.com.zip file.
- Enter a new name and ID for the process template:
- In the Name field, enter Standard Setup Process.
- In the Process ID field, enter standard_setup_process.
- Click Finish.
- In the Process Template editor, in the Summary field, type Standard Setup Process.
- Because the Unconfigured Process template has no timelines,
- In the Timelines section, click Create Timeline.
- In the Identifier field, enter main_timeline.
- In the Display Name field, enter Main Timeline.
- Click OK.
- Configure the project area initialization. Initialization
is a way to specify the actions to execute when a project area that
is based on this template is created.
- Click the Process Configuration tab. Expand Project Configuration, and then select Project Area Initialization.
- In the Server follow-up actions section, click Add. Select Setup Project, and then click OK.
- In the Create a team area section, in the Name field, enter Development team. From the Timeline list, select Main Timeline.
- Select Create a stream, and in the Name field enter Integration.
- In the Components section, click Add.
From the Name list, select Project
Area Name. Click OK, and then click Save to
save your changes to the process template.
- Create a process template that is based on another process template.
- Configure initialization so that when a user creates a project area that is based on the template, the team areas, streams, and components are created in the project area.