Lesson 3: Create a consumer project area
In this lesson, you create a project area that is based on the Standard Setup Process template that you created in the previous lesson. You will then configure the project area so that it consumes the process of the project area that you created in Lesson 1.
About this task
To create a project area that consumes the process of the Standard Process Project Area:
- In the web client, click .
- Create a project area:
- Click .
- Name the project area Consumer Project Area.
- In the Available Processes section,
select Standard Setup Process, and in the Members section,
click Add to add yourself as a member.
- Click Save to save the project area.
- In the Process Sharing section,
click Use the process configuration from another project
area for this project area. Click Change,
and select Standard Process Project Area.
Click OK, and then click Save to
save the project area.
- In the Members section, click the Process Roles icon (). In the Edit Process Roles window, select the Team Lead role, and then click Add. Click OK, and then click Save to save the project area.
- Create a project area that is based on a template that creates a team area, a stream, and a component in the project area.
- Configure a project area to consume the process of another project area.