Preserve component and workspace configuration
This tutorial is a series of lessons in movie format that demonstrate how to preserve component and workspace configuration by using baselines and snapshots.
Baselines and snapshots are repository objects that capture a set of related components. They are created in the context of a repository workspace and then delivered (baselines) or set owner (snapshots) in streams where team members can access them.
Learning objectivesThis tutorial demonstrates the following tasks:
- Learning objective 1: Create a component baseline.
- Learning objective 2: Accept incoming baselines and change sets.
- Learning objective 3: Create, set owner, and explore a snapshot.
Time requiredThis tutorial takes approximately 10 minutes to view. If you want to study the procedures, user interface, and related concepts, plan to spend more time.
AudienceThis tutorial is designed for team members who use the IBM® Engineering Workflow Management client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
System requirementsFor this tutorial, the following products are installed and configured:
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Jazz® Team Server