Creating work items from a template
You can quickly create work items by using a work item template. The work items that you create based on a template are populated with the same field values as those work items that you specify when you create the template.
A template must exist before you can perform this task.
Before you begin
- In the project area within the Team Artifacts window, right-click the Work Items folder; then click New Work Items from Template.
- In the Create Work Items from a Template wizard, select a template to use for creating work items. Click Next.
- For each of the variable attributes listed in the template, select the value to use in the new work items. Click Finish. The wizard creates work items that correspond to each of the work items included in the template.
- Optional: To delete a work item template:
- In the Eclipse client, in the Team Artifacts window of the Work Items perspective, right-click the project area and select Open.
- Click the Process Configuration tab. Expand , and then click Templates.
- In the Shared Templates area, select the template that you want to delete and click Remove.
- Click Save.