Creating work items
Work items help project managers keep track of the work assigned to each team member. Work items are also used to see the progress of a team or project. The team members can use work items to keep track of their work.
- In the Team Artifacts tool window,
expand the project area node, right-click Work Items,
and click . You can also create a work item while associating a work item with a change set. For more information about associating a work item with a change set, see Associating a work item with a change set topic.
- In the Create New Work Item window, select a work item type.
- Optional: To change to another project area of the same repository, click Back.
- Click Finish. The work item editor opens. Type the values for work item attributes.
- Optional: To add related work items, click the Links tab. Click Add; then click the option that specifies the relationship that you want to establish.
- Save the work item changes.