You can customize the search for work items by creating queries. A query consists of conditions that your search is based on. For example, you can create a query that returns all open work items for the current iteration. You can create as many queries as you want.
About this task
- In the Team Artifacts tool window,
expand the project area node, right-click Work Items and click . Alternatively, you can create queries from the Work Items tool window by clicking icon.The Web browser opens.
- Log in to the Web client. The query editor opens.
- Type in the query name and specify the conditions. To specify condition values when you run the query, in the query editor, click the Enable Input of Condition Values when Query is Run icon in the upper-right corner of the condition area.
- Click Save. To view the newly created query, refresh the Work Items folder.
What to do next
- Expand the Work Items folder; then the My Queries folder.
- Double-click a query or right-click a query and click Show Work Items
- From the Work items toolbar, click .
- In the Run Query window, select a query and click OK.