Querying for defects
This topic describes how to find defects that testers have submitted.
After the testing team deploys and tests the latest build, team members submit defects for problems that they discover. In your role as development lead you must find those defects, review them, and triage them.
Before you beginBefore you query for defects that were found in the latest build, the testing team must deploy the build, run their test cases, and submit defects for test cases that fail.
Step 1: Configure the development dashboardThe dashboard that is associated with the project area provides the information that you need to manage the project. IBM® Engineering Workflow Management includes predefined lifecycle queries that return work items that are linked to requirement and test artifacts. After you create the dashboard, add widgets to display the results of lifecycle queries.
- Create a project area dashboard.
- Add pages, or tabs, to organize the content. For example, consider creating separate pages for requirements, development, and testing.
- On the testing page, add three work-items widgets.
- Configure each widget to display the results of one of these lifecycle queries:
- Defects affecting Requirements
- Defects blocking Tests
- Plan items with failing Tests