Configuring email notifications for builds
You can configure email notifications about build events to send to specific users, other email addresses, or roles. You can also specify additional options, such as sending notifications only when a build has completed with errors or notifying users who had delivered changes.
About this task
You can configure email notifications for build definitions after selecting the Email Notification option in the New Build Definition wizard. You can also select the option through the Edit Configuration item in the Build Definition editor. You can configure email notifications for all build definitions in a project through the Project Area editor.
- In the Build definition editor, click
the Email Notification tab. Note: To configure email notifications for a project, in the Project Area editor, from the Process Configuration page, navigate to .
- Click Add.
- In the Edit Email Notification Criteria dialog
box, complete the following steps:
- In the Name field, type a descriptive name for the notification.
- To notify specific users, email addresses, or roles, click Add and complete the steps to add a user, email address, or role.
- Optional: To create a notification for personal builds, select the For personal builds check box.
- Optional: Select any appropriate remaining notification options and click OK.
- Click Save.