Synchronizing a repository workspace with mapped libraries on IBM i
With the Continuous Load build definition and with the Compare with IBM® i view, there are two ways for you to synchronize i Projects stored in the Jazz® Team Server repository with the libraries on your IBM i file system.
You must set up the mappings for the i Projects and libraries. These mappings are used by the Continuous Load build definition and the Compare with IBM i view to download the contents of the i Projects to the mapped libraries.
Before you begin
Important: The Compare with IBM i view is deprecated in Engineering Workflow Management versions 4.0.6 and higher.
You can specify the mappings from the properties page of the repository workspace:
About this task
- In the Team Artifacts view, right-click the repository workspace and select Properties.
- Select i Project to Library Mappings.
- For each of the i Projects listed, provide the name for the mapped library and click OK to save and exit the properties panel.
To synchronize i Projects stored in the Jazz repository workspace with libraries on an IBM i file system, you can choose either the IBM i Continuous Load build definition or the Compare with IBM i view:
- The Continuous Load build definition runs periodically to download the changes of an i Project to a specific library on the IBM i file system. This option requires that you set up a build engine that handles loading the changes.
- With the Compare with IBM i option, you can manually download specific changes of an i Project to the library on IBM i file system.
Tip: The Compare with IBM i option is useful when a problem has occurred during Continuous Load.
Note: You can also synchronize the repository workspace with IBM i libraries using the IBM i Command build definition, which also uses the mappings specified in the i Project to Library Mappings property page.