Requesting a component promotion
You can request a component promotion from the Team Artifacts view. You can also change build options, change build properties, change promotion options, select components to promote, and request a build preview.
- In the Team Artifacts view, expand the project folder.
- Expand the Enterprise Extensions node,
and the Promotions node, right-click a promotion
definition, and select Promote Components.
The Request Build wizard opens.
- Optional: To change any of the options, properties,
or components, expand that section. Note: Changes to the options, properties, or components that you make in the component promotion request wizard override the selections in the promotion definition.
- Optional: To request a build preview to see
what is being promoted before the promotion build runs, expand the Promotion
Build Options section and select the Preview
build check box. Note: Nothing is promoted when you run a Preview build.
- Click Submit. A list of recent promotion results is displayed.
- Find the promotion with the time stamp that matches your
promotion. A preview promotion includes (Preview) in the label.
- Double-click the promotion result to open the promotion results editor.
- Click either the Downloads tab or
the External Links tab and click the links
to open the promotionInfo.xml file or the promotionReport.xml file.
If you requested a preview build, the promotionInfo.xml file
lists the files that will be promoted when you run the promotion build.
- This input file for the promotion process indicates which output files and source build maps to copy to the target location during the promotion. In a promotion preview, the promotionInfo.xml file lists the output files and source build maps that will be promoted when the promotion runs.
- This output file that is generated by the promotion process lists the links to the build maps that were promoted to the target location during a promotion build. The report is empty if no build maps are promoted. A promotionReport.xml file is not generated in a promotion preview.