Creating a package definition
Use the Package Definition editor to define package definition properties.
Before you begin
- Save Build Engine, Save Build Definition, Request Build, Save Build Result.
- Request Package.
- Request Deployment.
- In the Team Artifacts view, expand
your project area, and then expand the Enterprise Extensions node.
Right-click Packages, and then select New
Package Definition. The New Package Definition wizard opens.
- In the New Package Definition wizard, browse to the project or team area that is associated with your package.
- Select Create a new package, which
is the default selection. If another package is available, you can
also choose Create a package by copying an existing package.
Click Next. The General Information window opens.
- In the General Information window,
enter a package ID, a brief definition description, and then select
the package file system that you are using. The file system options are as follows:
- IBM i
- Choose any additional configuration options and click Finish.
The archive produced on z/OS uses the PAX/tar file format, even if the package has a .zip extension. You can inspect the content of the produced archive. See Inspecting a package.