Configuring attributes in customized work items to display in a plan
When you customize work items by adding attributes, you must configure the attributes to display in the plan.
Before you begin
Note: Some of the attribute types that are supported in work items are not supported in plans. For example, List Types are not supported because they can't be represented in a single line, such as Contributor List, Team Area List, Process Area List, Project Area List, Work Item List, and Item List: you are not able to add these attributes to the Attribute Mapping section. Some other unsupported attributes appear as n/a.
First, you add the attributes in the process configuration, and then you can add the column to the plan view.
About this task
- In the Team Artifacts view, right-click the project area and click Open. The project area opens in the editor.
- Click the Process Configuration tab.
- In the Configuration section, click , and then click Plan Attributes.
- In the Attribute Mapping section, click Add.
- Select an attribute, and then click OK.
- Save and refresh the plan.
Now you can add the column to your plan view. For more information about editing a plan view, see Creating and editing plan views.