Discarding change sets in the RM application
When you discard a change set, the changes that you made to the artifacts are discarded. You can discard only an entire change set; you cannot discard changes to individual artifacts in a change set.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you are familiar with project areas, components (if supported), baselines, streams, and change sets (if supported).
- Ensure that you are familiar with global configurations and personal streams (if your organization uses them).
- Ensure that you are logged in to a project, and that the configuration is set to the change set to discard.
- You must have permission to manage change sets.
- If the configuration is set to the change set to discard, click .
- If the configuration is set to the stream that contains the
change set to discard: Note: To switch to the stream that contains the change set, click , and search for the stream.
- Click .
- In the stream editor, click the Change Sets tab.
- In the Actions column beside the change set, click Discard change set .
All your changes in this change set are permanently lost.
If you are working in the context of a personal stream, after you discard your change set, it is also removed from your personal stream.