Archiving and restoring components in the RM application
Archive components that you no longer use or that are obsolete to simplify the list of components that you see and prevent team members from adding configurations of those components to global configurations. Archiving a component does not delete it. You can restore it when you need it again.
Before you begin
- Configuration management must be enabled for the project.
- You must be a configuration lead or have permission to archive and restore components.
About this task
When you archive a component, the system first archives all of the configurations (streams and baselines) of that component. Archived components and configurations are hidden from view in the application, though you see archived configurations when they are referenced by an active configuration. Archived configurations have a gray icon beside their name, as in this example of an archived stream: .
You can show or hide archived components only from the Manage Components and Configurations > Browse Components page.
You cannot edit archived components or configurations, and you cannot add archived configurations to global configurations. Archived items are not displayed in search and query results and Report Builder reports.
- Open a project from the Home menu or the All Projects view: https://example.com:9443/rm/web
On the toolbar, click
. Details of the component you are working in are shown.
- Optional: To work with a different component in the project, click the Browse Components breadcrumb link and click the component name.
Complete the steps for the action you want to take.
- To archive components:
- Beside the component name, click Archive this component so it is hidden from use .
The component and its configurations are archived.
- To restore components:
- Click the Browse Components breadcrumb link.
- Click Show archived components above the table.
- Click the component name.
- Beside the component name, click Restore this component .
The component and its configurations are now visible in the application.
- To archive components:
What to do next
To return to the list of components, click the Browse Components breadcrumb link. To show or hide archived components, click Show archived components or Hide archived components above the table.
To resume work in the current project, click Artifacts on the toolbar. Check that the Current Project Component and Current Configuration menus on the toolbar are set to the component and configuration that you want to work in.
To resume work in another project, select it from the Home menu or the All Projects view.